For all those, who are thinking to hit gym for one reason or the other, I would recommend to have a perusal of the following basics-
• Warm up-It is utmost important to do a good warm-up before getting onto the machine. it will prepare your body for rigorous training and will prevent injuries.
• Have the right posture and use proper form- Proper form helps you to connect your mind to move and to get the most benefits out of the exercise. while lifting weight it prevents the risk of injury.
• Use the mirror as an ally-make mirror your friend to keep an eye on your form. Incorrect movements not only result in injuries but are also rather much a waste of time. There is no meaning lifting those weights if you are doing it all wrong.
• Proper breathing- Breathing ensures that the blood circulating to your working muscles is oxygenated. Holding your breath during weight lifting can lead to dangerous increases in blood pressure, which can lead to injury. Proper breathing during weight lifting is very important. The most effective way to breathe during resistance training is to inhale as you lower the weight and exhale as you lift the weight.
• Drink plenty of water- Drinking plenty of water to re-hydrate yourself throughout a gym session is essential. Take a bottle with you, even if you sip occasionally, it’s important to keep your fluids up. This will help prevent stitches, headaches and muscle cramps.
• Diet is the key– Proteins and carbs are essential for muscle recovery and straight after a workout. There are many sources of proteins and carbs. I think chicken breast and eggs are best for lean protein.
• Stay motivated- You won’t see change overnight For whatever your reasons are for joining the gym: weight loss, core strength, muscle gains, general fitness etc. You need to be persistence to wait for the result to see the changes in your body. Change does happen, you will reap the rewards.