Meaning of the pose
Anantasana is one of the depiction poses for Lord Vishnu, also sometimes referred to as – Sleeping Vishnu pose or side-reclining leg lift pose. Anant, apart from being the name of Lord Vishnu, also means limitless or infinite. It is one of the common practice routines in yoga.
Top 7 benefits of performing Anantasana
- Anantasana concentrates on hips and thigh portions. Effective exercise helps in fat loss from the region.
- It helps in providing more flexibility to your middle/lower body.
- The stretch to your abdomens is the unusual one. It helps to remove soreness from the body.
- The pelvic portion becomes active during the exercise, which helps in the betterment of the digestive system.
- Your torso also gets much-needed stability and strength.
- The blood circulation in your lower body increases.
- A sense of relaxation is bequeathed post pose.
Anantasana is helpful in curing menstrual disorders and other issues related to the uterus, urinary bladder, ovaries, and prostate.
It also help reduce hypertension.
Level of Difficulty
This a level 2 pose that requires a bit flexibility in the body.
Do a thorough warmup before performing the pose. Try doing a few shadow sidekicks to just open free your legs and stretching. Some Side stretches can also free your abdomens to perform the pose in one go.
Step-by-Step Instruction Guide
- Lie down on your back.
- Slowly turn to your right. Support your neck comfortably with your right hand so that you do not wobble.
- Now Stabilize your body and slowly take your left leg up in the same line.
- Gradually take your left hand up and see if you can hold your leg.
- Hold the position for a while. You can the stretch in your inner thighs, hips and side abdomens here.
- Slowly now take your leg down, then you hand.
- Now repeat the steps 1 to 6 for the other side.
Tips for Beginners
If you aren’t able to touch your toes with the hand in the pose, do not push after a certain limit, slowly and steadily you’ll able to do it if you are consistent.
Click here to start to follow our instagram channel and facebook channel. To know the basics of Yoga - Click here.